Running this City

6.11.2014

So I have this silly obsession with running, anything running. Clothes, shoes, races, routes, latest and greatest. You name it. And really, maybe its not an obsession, but more just therapeutic for me. When life seems upside down I lace up those sneakers and hit the pavement. Its like all worries and stress release like a ribbon behind me. When I am running, the world around me seems prettier, I notice details I wouldn't otherwise, my mind feels free and I have this endorphin rush that makes me feel so good. There are things in life that only running can cure, nothing else, but running. I could do it everyday no questions asked. Even when my body wants to shut down and all those aches and pains are there I still crave that rush running gives and will force my body to go. Sometimes its really not a good thing and then I have to force my body to rest.

While running I discovered Central Park is a small town inside the city. It is crazy how big it is and it is always filled with people!

Since being here in the city running has become my best friend. It is a way for me to escape the craziness of this world and feel free. Feel like there is nothing around me and I can go do and be anything I want. It motivates me and rejuvenates me. And I love it! I realize what a blessing it is for me. It feels as though it completes me sometimes. 

I mean look at this. Can you believe this is hidden deep inside the business of New York City. It blows my mind!

I had this thought the other day while out enjoying my run along the ocean. I have been blessed with some crazy adventures in my life and no matter where my adventure takes me I can still run. Whether it is in a sleepless city or a desert in the middle of no where. I still find a way to run. These feet of mine have created paths in more places than ever imagined and while running I discover more hidden secrets than I would otherwise. It is a thrill for me to run in a new city and find new routes with hidden treasures. I feel like I become one with the city. I learn more about where I am on my feet than I do visiting the most popular sites in the area.

Saying hello to Jersey on my morning run!

Lots of rambling, but it was a thought I had that astonished me and I wanted to remember it. From here on out I hope to take pictures of every hidden secret I find on my runs so that I can remember all the amazing places and miles these feet have taken me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Concrete Dreams All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger