I grew up in a town where most go to school, graduate, find a job and move back to where they grew up. My mentality growing up was to do the same. This is definitely not a bad thing in any way, but for us it wasn't what was supposed to happen. At first this was really hard for me. I resented it! All my siblings live within a 10 mile radius of my parents and I was not going to be the only sibling to live away and not attend every Sunday dinner. Also, I am not one who enjoys change and I have this attachment and love for where I grew up. To me it is home and the only true place to call home. There are still times when I think to myself, why can't we just go back to Utah, get a job and settle down and then I am reminded of the many opportunities that have been given to me and the growing experience it has been and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Not only have I grown, but my relationship with Adam has grown exponentially. He is all I have at times and we really have to rely on each other.
We feel we have been so blessed with the path that we have chosen. Our eyes have been open, we have met some amazing people, and we have experienced things we otherwise wouldn't have. One experience that I feel so blessed to have been able to do was shadow a prop stylist here in New York. We connected through my cousin and boy am I grateful she was able to connect us.
This last month was amazing. I was able to see the amount of work and effort that goes into magazines. I have been able to first hand see the amazing talent so many individuals have. I connected with people I never ever would have otherwise. I worked with people from all walks of life. People from other countries with amazing stories and backgrounds. I was able to work along side some very passionate, driven and creative individuals. I was able to learn through their example not only about the field, but about life in general. Being an intern and rookie can be very intimidating, I was so welcomed by these individuals and I felt so happy! It was so thrilling to be in an environment where I was excited and anxious to work. Not only did I learn a lot, but I grew a lot and for that I am very grateful. It is an experience I do not want to forget and experience that has pushed me and given me a greater desire to go do what I love!





0 comments:
Post a Comment