New York State of Mind

6.05.2014

Before coming out to New York I made a list of everything I want to see, places I want to eat and things I wanted to do. There is so much to do here and although I have been slightly intimidated by the city I knew there was not much time to waste. After spending a day walking around, I am quickly realizing there is not much to be intimidated by. You just have to act and think like a New Yorker and you will fit right in! Just like Billy Joel said you need to have a "New York State of Mind."


I was so excited to start my morning off with a nice run through the city, but quickly found out the weather here is just as bipolar as the weather in Utah. It was cool and pouring rain. I turned around, walked right up stairs, did a little at home workout, took a shower, got ready, walked down stairs and well the weather was perfect! Sunny and only a few clouds blanketing the sky. Oh well!

First stop, the temple. This building just randomly popped up right next to me. I was really heading for Columbus Circle when I looked over my shoulder and realized I was standing right next to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints temple. It is so wonderful to know that this is only a few blocks away from our apartment. Also, how cool is it that this special place is among all these sky scrappers.

Lincoln Center and Columbus Circle 


Levain Bakery. 2 streets up from our apartment and may be the death of me. The picture above might not look appetizing, but oh boy was it a heavenly 4 dollars. I had heard so much about this little bakery and was dying to try it. This dark chocolate peanut butter chip cookie definitely lived up to all the rage. Warm, gooey and delicious.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Concrete Dreams All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger