A while back a good friend and I ventured down to the West Village to see what it is all about. This burrow of New York is so quite and quaint. I absolutely loved it down there. It felt as though we were not really in the city any more and sometimes that is just a wonderful feeling!
The apartments are so unique in their own special way and all are so picturesque!
I love the white, ivy and tiny purple flowers up agains this pale red brick.
There were vintage bikes chained to almost every street sign.
Many of the apartments had little walk ways like the one above that would lead to the most adorable garden courtyards. It is almost like it is right out of a movie!
Cafes are on almost every corner. I love this one with the blue umbrellas.
I have heard the little owl is a must eat. We did not have time to try, but I will be sure to make it there the next time we venture down to the West Village.
We stopped by a local ice cream shop in the area and it was delicious. Here I have vanilla ice cream + dark chocolate covered pretzels dipped in milk chocolate with a caramel topping. Sounds like a lot, but really the perfect amount of soft, crunch, salty and sweet!
We made sure to stop by the famous Scandinavian candy store Sockerbit. The adorable white store is lined with bright colored candy and a sweet smell. You can enjoy chocolate and fruity candy, all of which originated from the Scandinavian countries and are made with high quality ingredients. The bright colors come from nature rather than chemicals in a lab. The candy is GMO and trans fat free! Which makes it healthier right?
We had so much fun exploring a new area. It is so amazing how much New York has to offer. Even with living here for the summer I feel like I have not even made a dent in the city. Which means I will just have to make frequent visits!





0 comments:
Post a Comment