June 20, 2014 marked our 2 year anniversary. It is crazy how fast time goes, but looking back at it we have managed to fit A LOT into 2 short years. Because Adam worked late we decided to go grab a quick dessert at Holey Cream and then head home and relax. Holey Cream is famous for their donut ice cream sandwich. It was incredibly delicious might I say.
We got a donut filled with sea salt caramel ice cream and one scoop of caramel cookie dough ice cream. We topped our donut with chocolate icing and crushed up peanut butter cups. I think I did most of the damage on this dessert. Adam enjoyed a nice cold + refreshing dark cherry creme soda.
Because our anniversary celebrations were short and sweet Friday we decided to do most our celebrating on Saturday. Luckily Adam did not have to go into work! It was heaven sent or something. I think I was pretty much giddy the whole day. I got him all to myself and life could not have been better.
We started off our day with an all American meal at Shake Shack. I had never been and was anxious to try it. I had heard some rave reviews about it. I enjoyed the single classic, while Adam enjoyed the double classic. Of course we had to get fries and a chocolate shake to share. We even made a little fry sauce to go with it. I think the shake and fries were my favorite part.
We then went and did a little shopping and Adam got a quick hair cut at the local barber shop. He looked pretty handsome with his new do.
The weather was absolutely gorgeous so we took a casual walk through Central park. There were some baseball games going on, so we stopped to watch for a while. After walking around we went home, freshened up and then headed to South Seaport to watch an open air movie. Unfortunately, when we got there it was packed and there was absolutely no seating. So we set off to explore the area. We walked out to the pier and to our surprise we were right next to the Brooklyn Bridge.
I am so lucky to have this guy in my life. He has made my life the happiest!
We walked across the bridge and enjoyed the beautiful view of Manhattan and Brooklyn. While on the bridge the lights turned on and made for a beautiful glittery evening! It was the cherry on top of our adventurous anniversary weekend!





0 comments:
Post a Comment